Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Lesson from the Clouds

Clouds are SO beautiful. Sometimes I neglect that beautiful creation. I'm so concerned with what's right in front of me I forget to look up and notice the poof-balls. But when I finally do take some time to truly bask in their majesty, it's always a treat. God was so good to us to provide us with an environment that is not only safe, but gorgeous.


So anyways....About clouds... They kind of remind me of life in general. I remember the first time I ever flew in an airplane. I was SO excited for the whole endeavor. I was most excited to fly through a cloud, though. I guess I thought it would be like flying through cotton balls. But you know what I saw when I looked out that little oval-like window in the plane?


Fog. Ugh. A cloud is nothing more than dense, grey, NOTHING when you're in it! Talk about a bummer. But that's how life kind of is, isn't it? Say the cloud is your life. It's whatever you're going through right now. When you're in it, you can't see the beginning or end. You don't know what it looks like from afar and you definitely don't seemed "awed" by the inner workings or supposed beauty of the cloud.
But you know what people on the ground see?

THIS!!
Clouds were really meant to be seen as part of a bigger picture. As a person and a Christian, most of the time I feel like my life is seen by others as more of a fog than a beautiful cloud. I shouldn't though! Because if you're a Christian, you have the benefit of Christ being on your side, with you always, and (ideally) ever-present in your thoughts and actions. He is the Light and in Him there is no darkness. Clouds get DRASTICALLY more beautiful when the light is shining through them. So press on. Though some times it's seems like your life may not be the greatest testimony of the One you serve, maybe you're just too close up to see Christ shining beautifully through you. 


Matthew 5:14-16
 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

1 comment: